Monday, May 11, 2009

It's time.

Now that the entire pastoral staff at Generation has decided to join the blogging world, I suppose it's time I revive this thing.

I have little to say, however. Or far too much. I am never really sure.

I must say that being a girls pastor over the past couple months has been full of joy. The girl interns have whittled down to four. And I could not imagine a more amazing group of women to do ministry with. I also now only have two girl leaders, and they too are amazing. To Megan, Amy, Mia, Laura, Katie, and Hannah... you are fierce women of God, and I am honored to do ministry with you.

God planted within me a heart for girls when He called me to this position over a year ago. I have never been the same since. But I often feel a burden on my shoulders now. I have heard Pastor Joey speak about even being physically weighed down by the burden he feels in his spirit. And I have come to know that feeling. At least in part. For the girls.... I want so much for them. But most of all, I want them to know God. I want them to understand what it means to know God. And often times, I just don't think they do. I hate Wednesday night services being the God they know. Yes, they may encounter His presence there. And it is good. But I can't help but feel desperate for them if that is ALL they know. God is so good. I want them to know Him.

And because of all that... I want to know Him more. I wake up every day with a hunger inside of me. I have a lot of work to do on my own being! I want to set forth a good example. Not just in the way I handle life. Most of all, I want to set an example on how I love Christ and hunger to know God more. Every single day.

It's not much. But that's my heart.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i watch you all the time. you set a very great example for the girls. im proud. Jesus is proud. you are making a difference.

i love you.

laura. said...

It's been HEAVY on my heart to share with the Generation girls to encourage them to grow DEEPER in Christ. To love Him. To fall MADLY in love with our King, our Redeemer, our Maker!
To be in love with the Son of Man, not just simply "man".
I'm currently writing a piece that I believe God wants me to share with the other girls. It's going to take a lot of prayer.

I love you.

Anonymous said...

you are amazing.

and you inspire many

i love you

Trust in Jesus.